Monday, December 13, 2010








The Cheese Chronicles
Author:
Liz Thorpe
Pages: 375
Format: Softcover

Review
I was captivated by the story of Liz, hung over, visiting the cheese making operation of David Major of Vermont Shepherd, smelling the milk, feeling the greasy curds, throwing up in the parkinglot. So the book is a facinating read and her descriptions of cheeses are real and mae me want to taste the cheese. But to me a list of cheese to search for and to buy needs to be in my wallet so I remember what to ask for and why. I made a list to carry with me. I learned alot bout cheese making in America and would recommend this book. But from the library.




Cheese List

13 cheese makers noted for me to try, here are just a few-

Calabro Cheese company - Old Fashioned Flor di Latte Mozzarella

Consider Bardwell Farm - Dorset - better than Teleggio - like cheese and spanish ham together

River's Edge - Up in Smoke - chevre, smoked, wrapped in maple leaf, smoked and soaked in bourbon



Verdict: Great book but read it from the library and make your own wallet list.

No comments:

Post a Comment